If you like it old school, those two beauties are made for you!
As much as we dig those modern AR-15 looks and possibilities to customize them the way you want to have it done, as much do we love the classics, the old school, the base from where it all started from.
Today, we have two builds for you from a good friend of ours here at AMNB Mr. Kross K. who’s known for his passion and attention to details when it comes down to build some reenactment kits and boomstick reproduction to swing some BB bullets around. (as always bud, thanks for sharing your builds with the AMNB community). Much appreciate!
Up for your viewing pleasure are a Colt M602 and XM177 build.
Full Parts List as always below. Enjoy it!
COLT M602 BUILD
- – G&P metal receiver with correct m602 engravings
- – Element steel dust cover, bolt catch (trimmed to match the correct model), fireselector, mag release catch, receiver pins
- – G&P M16A1 outer barrel with steel triphong flash hider and buffer tube.
- – G&P M16A1 fixed buttstock, polymer hand guard and pistol grip (painted witha thick coat of glossy black paint over a thin coat of matte gray paint and tap – sponged while still wet, to get the old bakelite look and feel), Cyma buttplate and sling catch
- – Real M1 Garand canvas sling
- – Colt 3×20 replica Scope with custom made markings.
- – Cyma 20rd steel mid cap magazine
- – E&C metal receiver with correct XM177 engravings
- – Element steel dust cover and receiver pins
- – G&P XM177 outer barrel with steel flash hider
- – G&P buffer tube with Colt XM177 SP1 buttstock and polymer hand guard withcustom vertical pistol grip modded from E&C M16A1 pistol grip. (both pistol grips painted with a thick coat of glossy black paint over a thin coat of matte gray paint and tap – sponged while still wet, to get the old bakelite look and feel)
- – Custom old paracord sling
- – Single Popint Dot Sight with 1” Weaver mounts.
- – Cyma 20rd steel mid cap magazine with Colt 20rd steel spare magazine andRothco milspec OD tape.