ARVN Pack Redux Returns in Tiger Stripe
A combination of the old tried and true with modern technology!
Respecting the calls for us to reintroduce our h-harnesses and belts, we recognized a trend to go back to the battle tested designs of the past. In doing so, we wanted to honor our beginnings by doing a reboot of an ALICE Pack predecessor – the ARVN Ranger Pack, a favorite of MACV-SOG and other SOF units.
At a base level, this is a hat tip to our early days modifying ALICE packs, but it’s much more significant than that. SOTECH started in a time when we were issued the same tired designs that barely evolved from World War Two through Korea and Vietnam and into the Cold War of the 80’s.
There was a creativity born from lessons from the field, and a handful of innovators started companies to modify and then create alternatives. In this vein, we took the day pack version of what would become the ALICE and modernized and modified the design with Tegris and improved cuts (the pack was designed for small-framed Vietnamese soldiers). The result is an EDC pack that takes you back to your days in BDUs every time you cinch that ribbed web through those metal tabler buckles.
The ARVN pack meticulously recreated, every small detail accounted for. Original steel hardware upcycled from original issued kit.
Updates from the original:
- Updated 420D Nylon vs canvas. Same nylon as the Medium and Large ALICE packs
- Snap closure front 2 pockets for easier and faster access
- Hidden HDPE insert with foam backer for extra comfort
- Updated frame, from steel to modern laser cut Tegris, designed in collab. with GWA
- Repositioned bottom shoulder strap ring to the side for extra comfort